Fwd: [xrt_co:06725] software to estimate the contaminant on CCD (xrt_co:)

Hello, XRT community.

As was announced in October, we have new calibrations, which may be
accessed by using <make_xrt_wave_resp.pro> and
<make_xrt_temp_resp.pro>. One of the new features is that the XRT
Team has calibrated for a constantly changing layer of contamination
on the CCD. (This is dealt with according to the "contam_xxx"
keywords in <make_xrt_wave_resp.pro>. See the program header for more
info.)

The contamination subroutines have been recently (in December)
upgraded, so now you may correct data up to November 2008. From now
on, we will update the calibrations about once per month (after CCD
bakeouts). This should be transparent to users. However, please note
that the corrections are prepared once every bakeout period. Data
taken since the most recent bakeout will not be correctible until the
following bakeout period.

The new software should propagate through SolarSoft by the end of the
week.

If you have problems with the software, please send them to:
xrt_manager ~at~ head.cfa.harvard.edu

Also, please remember that the purpose of the XRT_Users list is for
the community to help each other when you have questions.

--Mark Weber