XRT HOWTO --- Ship archive disks to NWRA
M. Weber; 2007-Aug-10
This task should be performed once every week at SAO. It isn't too
important which day of the week, as long as it gets done every week.
There are 2 each of these drives and pelican boxes, and NWRA will
return ship them to Weber.
- GET a 160 GB USB hard drive, with cable. These will be in
Weber's office or on a shelf in the Ops Center closet.
- ATTACH to Shinjuku (PB-01) for fast connection to Machida.
- COPY files.
- FROM: /archive/hinode/xrt/level0/....
- TO: mounted disk is under /media/...
- UNMOUNT the drive. Right-click on drive's desktop icon and
- PACK hard drive and cable into pelican case, into pelican case
box. Preferably pack box in FedEx wrapper ("Pak").
- I recommend using the FedEx Large Pak and self-adhesive
Airbill Pouch. These should be on a shelf in the Ops Center
- To get more of these, just ask Shipping to send them over
to you (5-7421).
- CREATE and PRINT FedEx label
- ENSURE that browser pop-ups are NOT
- GOTO: www.fedex.com.
- UserID = (ask Weber)
- Password = (ask Weber)
- SET "Ship Date" = "tomorrow" BEFORE setting the
Recipient Company Name!!!
- SET Recipient Company Name = "CoRA/ NWRA".
- SET Weight = 5 lbs.
- SELECT Package dimensions = "Sm Pelican".
- SET Declared value = "0.00" dollars.
- CHECK All Email Notification boxes.
- CLICK "Continue" on main window.
- CLICK "Continue" on pop-up window after reviewing details.
- SAVE label to PDF and PRINT.
- PUT label on box; PUT box in outgoing mail.
- EMAIL Tracking Number to:
- Bish Ishibashi <bish AT cora.nwra.com>
- XRT_manager <xrt_manager AT head.cfa.harvard.edu>
From: mweber AT cfa.harvard.edu
Subject: Shipping FedEx for XRT hard drives.
Date: March 26, 2007 2:23:47 PM EDT
To: mdillon AT cfa.harvard.edu
UserID = (ask Weber)
Password = (ask Weber)
Question = (ask Weber)
Answer = (ask Weber)
First Name = Solarb
Last name = Ssxg
Company = Smithsonian Astrophysical Obs
Country = USA
ZIP = 02138
Address = 60 Garden Street
City = Cambridge
State = MA
Email = xrt_manager AT head.cfa.harvard.edu
Phone = xxxxxxxxxx
FedEX Account = xxxxxxxxx
CoRA / NWRA
3380 Mitchell Ln.
Boulder, CO 80301
Declared value = $0.00
Sender email = xrt_manager AT head.cfa.harvard.edu
Recipient email = bish AT cora.nwra.com
(all 3 email notifications for both)
Ship date = tomorrow