Re: active region birth/death?

Dear Kano-san,

The PSF of the XRT at wavelengths longer than 60A is given by the
standard diffraction formula, using the width of the entrance annulus
as the aperture size.

For your temperature plot, please be aware that a filter ratio does not
give a meaningful temperature. I strongly suggest that you give it a
different name, such as "hardness". There is no quesiton that spurious
effects will appear if you take ratios using the Al/mesh combined with
any other filter.

Leon

--

Dr. Leon Golub; Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
60 Garden Street, Cambridge MA 02138