Re: xrt_co: - Draft proposal

 From my experience doing astrometry with CCD, you could reasonably
expect to measure a proper motion of an object to the accuracy of
one-quarter pixel size at ease. With 2x2 binning, that's about 0.5".
That accuracy ought to be more than sufficient for this. At the rate
of 1.8"/day, you don't have to worry about the variation in physical
pixel size, either (I don't have a first hand experience in how good
fabrication technique E2V possesses in making a CCD). Like Mark says
good statistics will help alleviate such concern anyway.

I think that someone really needs to estimate how much data will
be required to obtain enough statistics to do analysis, though.

Bish

--
"Bish" K. Ishibashi, Ph.D.

NorthWest Research Associates, Inc.       e bish@cora.nwra.com
CoRA Division                             w 303-415-9701 x241
3380 Mitchell Lane                        f 303-415-9702
Boulder, CO 80303
U.S.A.                                    h www.cora.nwra.com/~bish