xrt_co: - Cycle 24 meeting Dec 7-12 '08

  I have been ask to co-lead the microflare/nano-flare working group at
the Napa Solar Cycle 24 meeting

A key aspect of this meeting is to prepare joint observations as we
the next solar maximum. XRT will need to take a leading role as we have
a unique capability to observe the transition from hot  to super hot
with high spatial, and temporal resolution.

The microflare/nano-flare group includes coronal loop heating, waves,
jets and small energetic events in the quite sun. There is a wealth
of XRT
observations of these processes, in addition to the traditional AR
Please consider preparing presentations on the science that is being
for this meeting, and come prepared to discuss how we can do a better
as the sun becomes more active.

       Dr. Edward E. DeLuca           Smithsonian Astrophysical
       edeluca@cfa.harvard.edu     MS 58
Office 617 496 7725                     60 Garden Street
Fax     617 496 7577                     Cambridge, MA  02138
Cell    508 728 5424                     USA