Re: ?Xrt Tadpoles?

Kelly,
 	I'd like to talk to you about this work, since there may be
overlap.  In short, Sabrina's SPD *poster* project may give you a
head-start on the analysis.  As for RHESSI and magnetosphere-ionosphere
studies, that's similar to some of our interests--can I call you on Monday
to talk about it?  What's a good phone number and time to reach you?

 	David

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Kelly Korreck wrote:

> Hi Sabrina,
>
> Very nice movie!! Why I asked about this is that I have been
> approached by Li-Jen Chen at UNH about the research.  We have a group
> here in the area- New England Space Science Consortium (NESSC) that is
> writing up several papers on comparative physics in the magnetosphere
> versus the sun.  She works in
> the magnetosphere and have seen- excuse the expression- tadpole like
> structures that end up connected with electron acceleration as magnetic
> islands.  She asked if I could look at the XRT data and coordinate Rhessi
> data to see if the phenomena in the sun in similar.
>
> I of course do not want to interfer with your thesis work but would like
> to explore this topic.
>
> Let me know what you think,
>
> Kelly
>

> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Sabrina Savage wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> On short notice, I do have an example movie of some sharpened supra-arcade downflows on
>> my site:  http://solar.physics.montana.edu/savage/Solar.html .  This one is the
>> well-known TRACE 020421 flare, however, we have several SXT examples and even a few XRT
>> ones.  The last active region that just came across the disk even produced a nice example
>> of a downflow during one of its small flaring events.  As David mentioned, I will be
>> presenting these results in my poster at the AAS meeting in May.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sabrina