Plate Scale for Hinode/XRT -- resolved

Hello all:

In April we had some discussion on the plate scale of Hinode XRT.
At that time I mentioned that I measured the plate scale to be
about 1.0417+/-0.0005"/pix.

But if you know about optics, you know in your heart that the
value of 1.042"/pix is just impossible.

And indeed it was. Apparently I thought that the plate scale of
a SOHO/EIT image compares well with another image taken at Earth's
orbit, not L1. The difference between being at L1 and at Earth
makes a correction factor of 0.9901 for the plate scale. So I
rederive the plate scale, based on the corrected SOHO/EIT284A image
and a Hinode XRT image taken simultaneously, to be

	1.0314 +/- 0.0005"/pix

which, I believe, is statistically consistent with Shimizu-san's
measurement based on the transit of Mercury event.

Astrophysicists sometimes need to be reminded that the Sun is at
the finite distance...thanks Narukage-san to point this out to me.

Bish